Super Sarah Gets Revenge Against Blessing, Says She Prefers More ITF Titles

The pumping of her fist and the emotion she emitted as the umpire announced game, set and match confirmed how glad Sarah Adegoke was to have gotten her revenge against Blessing Samuel in two straight set wins of 6-3, 6-3.

Samuel, a former national champion had gotten the better of Nigeria's number one tennis player in their Women's Singles final match at the Dala Hard Court Championship in Kano a few weeks back, but thunder refused to strike twice for her as she fell short at the final of the inaugural Rainoil Tennis Championship in Lagos.

Sarah Adegoke wants more ITF titles to add to her status as Nigeria's number one player. Photo credit: Tennisng
Although both players showed flashes of their brilliance in the first set, Adegoke was more clinical with her finishes; her deadly forehand, double handed backhand and her movement on court were more than enough to secure victory for her.

After the match, Adegoke who has remained as Nigeria's number for most part of the year, told journalists that she wants to play more on the circuits and win more ITF championships and grow up the WTA ranking.

She noted that even though she is glad to remain Nigeria's number one for a long period, she wants to translate that into the world stage and become a world beater.

"I am happy about my win and happy to have played against her (Samuel). I was glad we both got to the final and we both played our games. The last time I played her, I wasn't feeling too good but now, I feel much better.

"I will like to remain as Nigeria's number one player for as long as possible, but I want to like go international and get more rankings to build up my professional career," the 2017 CBN Open championship winner explained.